In 2016 & 2017, huge publications like the BBC and Guardian ran features on affiliate tipsters. These articles revealed that tipsters were winning money when their customers or followers lost.
That revelation is factually correct. Approximately 66% of my income over the past 15 years has been from affiliate commission, and yes, I’ve offered free betting tips.
The reports that were written were very one sided in my opinion. They made an assumption that these tipsters were deliberately giving their customers bad advice to ensure that profited. I’m not going to pretend that doesn’t happen, it does, but it certainly doesn’t apply to us all.
The Demise of Betting Kingdom
These reporters didn’t seem interested in speaking to genuine tipster sites like Betting Kingdom. In 2016 I ran a successful tipster competition platform. I used the affiliate commission I was earning to reward my tipsters. At it’s peak, I was paying £1000 in prizes each month.
These tipsters were good. Some of them brilliant in fact. SPTips, Top Jockey, Tennis Insight, Darts Tips 180. That’s just a few that are all running their own Premium Tipster services today.
I myself was winning a lot of money from these tipsters and their picks were FREE. So the notion that Betting Kingdom as a site was encouraging punters to lose for it’s financial gain was complete bollocks.
That may raise the question, how was I still earning affiliate commission with all these top tipsters on my site? The answer. Most punters are careless. To beat the bookmakers requires work. You need to track your bets, monitor your stakes, make sure wagers are settled correctly.
So even if you follow a dozen top tipsters, you need to be structured in your approach to remain profitable. It can be fun at first. But even the best tipsters have poor runs and that can lead to punters getting sloppy, I’ve done it myself. I’ve had spells where I not tracked my bets and lost money gambling.
Punters can lose interest and go back to following their own opinion. So whilst 20% of diligent punters may have profited from Betting Kingdom’s excellent tips, the other 80% were likely to have lost money and those losses would have been purely down to their own laziness (% figures are estimates).
I believe the negative press received for affiliate tipsters caused the demise of Betting Kingdom. Punters lost faith. Some even told me themselves that they would never sign up to a bookmaker through a third-party tipster site due to lack of trust.
Paid Tipsters Profiting
Paid tipsters make a habit of slagging off affiliates. Why? Because it brings them more business. The irony is that Twitter is now overrun with tipsters charging punters.
There are some brilliant tipsters on Twitter who are well worth paying for. However some Tipsters are terrible and still making money from punters, who believe they are better off paying these monthly subscriptions than follow the advice a free affiliate tipster.
Ultimately the losers have been the punters themselves. They’ve been misinformed. Sites like Betting Kingdom which were offering profitable free betting tips have disappeared and gamblers are now forced to pay for tips, that were once available for FREE.
Tips Checker and my Affiliate Deals
Tips Checkers is an affiliate site. I still make money if you sign up to a bookmaker and lose. But I’m not actively exploiting punters to any degree. In fact, since I started this website my own gambling has improved significantly. If you are sensible and follow the best tipsters I recommend and the most popular tips, the chances are you will win.
One of my best friends gambles every day. We talk about gambling a lot. I win, he loses. Why doesn’t he just listen to my advice? Because like so many punters, he’s opinionated and also wants to be on different sports and events.
So even punters that are handed winning tips and good advice, can still end up losing. So please, do not tarnish all affiliate tipsters with the same brush. Many of us are in fact the good guys.
If you like Tips Checker and want to help the site flourish, please sign up to a few bookmakers using my links. If you win great, I honestly don’t mind, but to keep affiliate deals active and receive commission from the punters who are careless, sign ups are important.
Thank you for reading this post. Feel free to comment below and share your opinion. I would love to hear from you.